BE AN APPRECIATION CRUISER: GRATITUDE FOR CARNIVAL EMPLOYEES
Every Cruise we like to pay it forward and appreciate. He is the video I did to appreciate the amazing staff. Appreciation on Vacay! Vacation is fun but Every time you sail make sure to appreciate all staff members.
All those months without a day off so #addsmiles Previous Cruise, I sent a Thank You card with a key that say Happiness. Gratitude is the only way to live. Do a little something extra the staff works 6 months straight no days off.
Gratuity: Gratuity for Ship Staff: You can pay ahead thorough travel agent. Runs around $100 a state room with 2 in room! Throw some extra tips for those crew members who go above and beyond. Just imagaine working 6 months straight without a day off.
REMEMBER THAT CRUISING IS FUN:
Have to add the Hairy Chest Contest on the list of things to do on your Cruise. (Last day at sea.) Last year I was the sexy hot mama judge-what an amazing time… Cruising is so much fun- go out there and live your life on a Carnival fun ship!
DINING ON CARNIVAL
From our December 2015 Cruise: We loved the”Stir Fry” station on the Lido Deck! Tons of veggies, choice of protein tossed with bean sauce or spicy szechuan sauce. Total food porn baby! Then returned back in August to a whole new slew of new restaurants. And in December 2016 will be on the Miracle for the first time.
Starting in 2016: Now Carnival has Chef Guy Fieri’s ” Guys Burger Joint”
Culinary Gangster style “Burger”grub by Chef Guy. Add your own special toppings.
And to tantalize your palate more-many amazing dining establishments through out the ship- like Pizza Pirate! Can’t take this Cruise without having this pizza baby!
Prepare for Formal Night: Carnival’s evening dress code is typically “cruise casual,” but on one or two nights during the voyage, “cruise elegant” evening wear is suggested. On “cruise casual” nights, the line recommends sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), long dress shorts and collared sport shirts for men, and casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, capri pants, dress shorts and jeans (no cut-offs) for women. Cruise elegant dress means dress slacks, dress shirts and sport coats (optional) for men and cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses for women. On elegant nights, passengers may choose to dress more formally in suits and ties, tuxedos or evening gowns, but that level of dress is not required.
Number of Formal Nights: There are two elegant nights per seven-night cruise, and there’s one on shorter cruises.
Nightly Casual Option: For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly and have a casual dress code.
Written Restrictions and Jeans: Shorts (including gym and basketball shorts), beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, caps and sleeveless shirts for men are the only items of clothing never permitted in the dining room during dinner.
Do not use a non Carnival Cruise excursions company. Always book your excursions through Carnival Cruise Lines. In the event there is an issue with the Excursion you will not be left behind. Book with concierge on ship or better pre-set your excursions on Carnival.com when you set up and manage your booking.
PREPARE FOR YOUR CRUISE
Don’t have a passport? Cost: $140.00 Apply Here! Allow 3-6 weeks to receive your passport! Make sure to purchase it within 6-8 months prior to your trip!
Once your travel agent has your stateroom Birthed: (a) Now you can register on carnival.com. Register your booking number and fill out health questionnaire /sign the form with date of sail. Print out your luggage tags and register your check in time!! (b) Pay for your excursions asap, as they sell out fast!
Plan Ahead: Book your excursions once your cabin is paid in full. Never book any excursions from an outside vendor. You want to book straight through carnival.com. Booking thru Carnival will keep you from being left behind!
Luggage: Up to 2 piece’s allowed. Not over 50 pounds in weight. (16 x 24 ). Also make sure to print out your reservation and luggage tags. (2 max) Last night of the cruise before 8 pm, have all luggage in front of your stateroom for debarkation the next morning! Get your clothes ready for next day! Have a small bag to take with you! Best way to do luggage is via checked luggage. Easy on and easy off the ship.
Pack these must haves! (a)Your swim suit, shorts, comfortable shoes for excursions and flip flops! (b)You have to pack a nice cocktail dress and have your sweetie pack a pair of slacks and shirt or Tux.(c) (d) Always pack your passport; (slip it in your suitcase a week prior, so you won’t forget it). (e) Pack a large coffee thermos and water bottle. (f) Cruise Junkie Fanny pack
Buy a Safety Fanny Pack: Special rate through The Bucket List Coach $19.99 plus discount though me. (25% off) go to amazon and type in the code below. Go to https://www.amazon.com/Unisex-Resistant-Cruise-Junkie-Lanyard/dp/B01LZ3OQJ9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477849286&sr=8-1&keywords=cruise+junkie
Do you get Nauseated? Purchase Sea Band Wrist band for nausea. I also like using fresh ginger with hot water to help with motion sickness. http://www.sea-band.com/ or if you are in our travel-lifestyle club you can order through the online mall at https://shop.dreamtrips.com Green Apples and Crackers also great for tummy aches!
For Long Beach sailings: Do research on the port of call the ship is leaving from. The Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Imagination is Not Los Angeles, it’s Long Beach. So book your flight to Long Beach or Santa Ana Airport. Do not book LAX if possible! Or you will pay high costs back and forth for shuttle service.
Buy a dry erase board if traveling with a family or group. Great way keep track of all the activities you are doing together. You can purchase at the 99 cents store.
Bring a notebook or journal to document your bucket listing on the trip!
Info on Stateroom:
- Stateroom Mini Fridge The following ships have a mini fridge in all staterooms and suites : Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival…
- Upgrading Your Stateroom We cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of your cruise as we sail at capacity. Carnival has made selecting the cabin location you want more affordable than ever. Assigning your…
- Hair Dryers A 1250-watt hair dryer is provided in all staterooms and suites (either in the bathroom or on the desk/vanity) on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival…
- Stateroom Bathrooms and Amenities All staterooms and suites feature a full private bathroom. Your Stateroom Steward will supply an ample number of large towels, hand towels and wash clothes daily. At Carnival Cruise Line, we pursue…
- Beach Towels and Bathrobes Beach Towels Oversized logo beach towels are provided in each stateroom for guests to take ashore. If guests wish to purchase the beach towel, the price is $22 USD. Serenity logo beach towels are…
- Decorating Your Stateroom Door and Stateroom We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following…
- Electric Outlets There is one electric outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style)…
- Carnival Comfort Bed Collection Manufactured in Europe exclusively for Carnival, the Carnival Comfort bed ensemble including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness…
- Stateroom Television Programming Grab the remote, order room service and catch a movie or your favorite TV show … all from the comfort of your stateroom. Television Programming Depending on the satellite and location of the…
- Balcony Stateroom Information Balcony Features The balconies feature two patio chairs and a small table. For safety concerns, clothing and towels should not be hung to dry on your balcony. Balcony Lighting You are able to control…
- Stateroom Safe For our guest’s convenience and security, a safe is provided in every stateroom and is located in either a closet or a cabinet. The size of the safe may vary among the fleet -…
- Carnival Vista (VS) Family Harbor Staterooms and Lounge Located within a new dedicated family zone on Deck 2, the Family Harbor accommodations offer an array of staterooms and suites in a nautical flag motif that accommodate up to five family…
- Stateroom keys Guests are issued a Sail & Sign Card which is also used as the stateroom key.
- Bibles Gideon Bibles are available, upon request.
DAY OF SAIL
(1) When you get to the port, have a porter check your luggage curbside then get in line to check in for your stateroom. You will will need ID, passport and booking number printed out. Then you will proceed to get on board! (Make sure you have pre-set your check in time)
(2) Photo Services: Carnival has a photography service with photograph opportunities through out your journey! Make sure when you take your picture at the gangway that no one is photobombing to ruin your picture… LOL Happened to us on our last Cruise!
(2) Muster Station: Safety Briefing shortly before we sail…. When the signal for the Safety Briefing blares out, guests will no longer be required to go to their stateroom to collect their life jackets. They will proceed directly to their assigned muster station from their location at that time.
The number of the muster station to which the guest is assigned (according to stateroom number) is printed on the left bottom corner of the Guest’s Sail & Sign card. The guest will need to have the Sail & Sign card in hand during the Safety Briefing.
To Do for Fun: Check your daily newsletter (Which is dropped under you day daily)
August 16th we donated time at the Door of Faith Orphanage in El Mision, Baja! Thanks to Carnival for giving back $40 per cabin to the charity. Great to give back on vacation.
Next trip Cabo and Puerto Vallarta on the Miracle.
Happy Bucket Listing! Cindy- Bucket List Coach